Deccan Law

Upland Marriage Immigration

Providing Friendly, Competent, & Caring Legal Representation in California

Do you wish to sponsor your foreign national spouse or bring your foreign national fiancé(e) into the United States? Various options exist for these scenarios for which Deccan Law can help. Our firm is dedicated to providing outstanding legal representation to clients throughout our community in all types of immigration cases.

When you bring your marriage immigration case to our firm, you can count on friendly, caring, and competent legal assistance. We take the time to answer your phone calls, provide the guidance you need regarding your questions and concerns, and will apply diligence in seeking to accomplish your legal objectives. Our goal is to continue to provide a stable legal presence for individuals, families, and businesses seeking immigration help long into the future which is why we prefer to build sincere and lasting relationships with our clients.

Schedule Your Complimentary Phone Consultation

Call our Upland Law Firm today at (562) 444-5744

Visas for Fiancé(e) Visas of U.S. Citizens

Certain qualifications apply for bringing your foreign-born fiancé(e) into the United States for marriage purposes.

Eligibility rules under the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) :

  • You must be a U.S. citizen
  • You and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days after he or she arrives here
  • Neither of you is prohibited from entering into a legal marriage (previous marriages have been voided through divorce or death)
  • In the two years prior to filing for a fiancé(e) visa, you and your fiancé(e) have met one another in person

The process for bringing your fiancé(e) into this country starts with a petition and involves several U.S. agencies. Background and security checks on both you and your fiancé(e) are routine in this process. These background checks are conducted to discover information for security and criminal purposes and to have full documentation about you as a couple. Once you obtain a fiancé(e) visa and are married, your immigrant spouse can then apply for a green card to become a lawful permanent resident to live and work here.

Visas for Immigrant Spouses

To obtain permanent residency status for your immigrant spouse, the process also begins with a petition. The type of petition that will apply will depend on whether you married your spouse inside or outside the United States. You must either be a U.S. citizen or a permanent lawful resident (green card holder) to accomplish this. This process is known as “adjustment of status” and involves many steps, documentation, paperwork, and an interview.

Your spouse cannot have any previous criminal history or immigration issues that would render him or her inadmissible to the U.S. He or she will have to have passed inspection and have been lawfully admitted by an immigration official. You will have to provide documentation certifying his or her safe admission on medical grounds as well as documentation demonstrating that you can financially support your spouse. Your spouse can also file for employment authorization while waiting for his or her green card in order to be able to work.

How Deccan Law Can Help

The process for obtaining marriage-based immigration can be tedious, confusing, and time-consuming. Without proper legal guidance, you can make mistakes that could lead to unnecessary delays or denials. Our firm is well-versed in immigration law and can provide capable legal assistance which can help you avoid any pitfalls or errors. We will use our experience and considerable knowledge to help smooth the way and streamline the process. Our goal is to ensure that you and your new spouse can start your life together and move forward safely into the future.

Why Choose Deccan Law ?

Personalized, Results - Focused Attention

Direct Attorney Access

You will work directly with Attorney Amey throughout your case.

Family Helping Family

Family is everything. We’re here to help you and your family move forward.

Convenient Office Locations

We have meeting locations in Upland, Artesia, and Long Beach.

One-On-One Attention

Each client receives a personalized plan that aligns with their goals.


“He was extremely patient and helpful throughout the whole process”
- Melinda L.
“Deccan Law helped me through a very difficult time not only with the legalities, forms and necessary actions but was also very ...”
- Deborah A.
“He covered everything we were worried about and more and now we can sleep stress free at night.”
- Corey R.
A Family Firm
Helping Your Family

When you choose to work with our Upland Attorney, you are choosing legal representation that will fight for your rights. We can help you obtain an outcome that is in your best interests and provide you with compassionate guidance along the way.

Our main office is in Upland. We also have meeting locations in Long Beach and Artesia available by appointment only.

Speak with our Experienced Attorney

    Call Now